Saturday, July 18, 2009

Be Lief

Tonight I was talking with a friend and at a point I started thinking about something interesting. I already had this idea, I just never thought about as a belief. I can now correctly and completely define my belief. It's not simply a god or a kind of energy... or maybe yes. But that's not the point, it's much more simple. My belief is:


Not every happening has a cause.


Yeah, that's all. Maybe a lil bit more than that, but the same. So let's start with a simple system and go to complex ones. The most simple is about two undegradable particles, with the simplest form, globe. These particles are attracking each other, they got a starting speed, and they have perfectly flexible collision (they are standard particles). So two little molecules with a nonzero temperature. If we know their exact position and speed on a certain instant, we well know their speed and position in any instant, after and before this event.


In our world particles are undegradable after a certain point, so our world's functionality can be extended from the previous example. The only difference is, there aren't  just two, there is a very huge amount of particles. This way, if we know the position and speed of every particle on a certain time... and the same from the previous example.


In these examples, everything happened, had a cause, the previous state. So what am I believing after all? The existence of human soul. Human soul is not composed by material particles, so it can't be predicted. Not with a mathematical formula. Maybe with experience or by analysis of the average, but these wont tell a hundred percent truth, its only a speculation. This would be it, if there are things which happened without a way of explaining it, means there is something more than material, a human soul, a god, chance for an afterlife and so on. Without these I think our lives would be a waste of time.


Why only a belief? Simple, I can't prove it, and no one could before. At least I don't know about it.

1 comment:

  1. started to think about ...
    I just never thought about it as a belief.

    ReplyDelete